Markets are constantly changing; they rise and fall with the economy and it’s hard to predict the future. Thankfully we can help! Whether you’re getting ready to sell your home or want to update for your own enjoyment; there are five easy things you can do to make sure your home is always increasing value. So no matter where the economy goes, you’re prepared!
- Consider curb appeal. There’s no better way to boost your home’s curb appeal than with a stone or brick mailbox. They look great, are exceedingly more durable than basic mailboxes and can increase your property value. When matched to the characteristics of your home’s architecture even the most standard stone or brick mailbox can be an attractive addition to your overall landscape.
- Step up your exterior. Your home’s exterior is one of the first selling points that affects its purchase value. With so many materials to choose from; stone has proven to be the smartest choice. Stone exteriors retain heat in the winter and keep cool in the summer, saving you the cost of excessive temperature control during any season.
- Don’t put off maintenance. Making sure your chimney or fireplace is “up to snuff” can save you a lot of money. Even the smallest draft can be costly. Fireplaces are an extremely sought after feature in the real estate market. In 2013, the National Association of Realtors conducted a survey where homeowners listed fireplaces as one of their most sought-after features. 40 percent said they would pay extra if the home had one.
- Create space to cook outside. Outdoor kitchens are a great investment and can add value to your home. It doesn’t matter if you are looking to do a few upgrades or starting from scratch; an outdoor kitchen is guaranteed to impress prospective buyers. Creating a place to cook outdoors is not only a good investment; they’re a great space for entertaining, can save you money on utilities and help your family spend a little more time outside enjoying the great outdoors.
- Bring your inside, outside. Whether you want to live in your home for the rest of your life or have an upcoming listing on your mind, adding an outdoor living space is a great way to expand the usable square footage of your home. Consider remodeling your pool or go high tech with an amazing lounge area featuring built-in flat screen TVs.
Lets get your project schedule! contact us at 972 217-0296